All Inclusive vs. Authentic Bahamian Experiences
In this current economy it seems like many people are more curious about “All-Inclusive” options for their next vacation. This may be a for a few reasons. One, people feel like they will save money, and two, it is convenient to be able to budget with all-inclusive vacations. While all-inclusive options may be the best route for some people, we feel like that route can be extremely limiting and often times it does not allow guests to fully experience the culture which they are surrounded by.
The Bahamas are rich with cultural history, and our experience has been that all-inclusive resorts cut visitors off from that abounding Bahamian way of life. When you as a guest have paid for all of your food upfront in the Bahamas, you will be much less likely to walk over the bridge to indulge in delicious local conch salad, take a taxi to the “Fish Fry” to really experience how Bahamians eat and play, or have an amazing time visiting one of the hundreds of incredible genuinely Bahamian bars on the island.
That being said, here are some ways that our guests have effectively budgeted their trip without limiting themselves to all-inclusive resorts:
1. Bringing a Cooler and Packing Food.
- All of our units are equipped with full kitchens, and bringing food can help cut down costs. Snacks by the pool and home cooked meals in are common at Sunrise Beach Villas.
- Also, there are several grocery stores on the island. The food prices may be a bit higher than you are used to back home, so anything that can be brought and not spoil in transport is a good idea to bring yourself. Ask your cab driver to stop at the grocery store on the way to us to grab anything you could not bring yourself.
- Local fish markets are a walk from us at Sunrise Beach Villas, and grilling out on your patio is a fantastic way to experience the Bahamas.
2. Planning Adventures With Our Front Desk
- Our front desk is a wealth of knowledge for things to do in the Bahamas. We have many partnering excursion companies that we work with on the island, and using our rates can help save money.
- There are so many amazing things to do in the Bahamas: Snorkeling, Dolphin Encounters, Deep Sea Fishing, Mopeds, Catamaran Day Trips, and the list goes on…
3. Taking Advantage of Viola’s Drink Specials
- Viola’s Bar and Grill on our property has a drink special for every day of the week! Viola’s is a very popular spot on the island in part due to our low drink prices. For those Bahamas guests that choose to stay at the big resort down the street, many end up coming down to Viola’s for drinks because of the outrageous price that big resort charges for a blue drink with a pineapple slice in it.
We hope this helps you plan out your next vacation, whether that is with us in the Bahamas or somewhere else. There are ways to save money while vacationing without sacrificing your experience in the local culture!
The Sunrise Beach Villas Team